WHEN Catherine Guy retired from her job as a music teacher in Ireland, she decided to head for the sun and ended up in Vera, a place she knew from her holidays.
Although she is in love with her new home, Catherine regularly visits friends and family in Europe and Canada, and with two dogs to look after, this posed a problem in the past.
That changed when last December she came across HouseSitMatch, the online network for finding housesitters. She hasn’t looked back since.
“It’s been fabulous, the service is very efficient and I am 100% satisfied,” says Catherine.
“Before I was leaving my dogs in places I wasn’t entirely comfortable with, but now I know they are in safe hands.”
One housesitting couple came from the USA, an active, retired pair, Laurie and Keith were travelling the world by housesitting and petsitting in order to secure free accommodation.
Her next house-sitters were Canadian’s Rob and Tracey who had given up their professional roles to travel the world with young son Makai for a few years.
Next month Catherine is off again, and leaving the house in the capable hands of Rob and Tracey once more as they travel from Turkey to spend another holiday with the two spaniels in Vera!
Catherine also recently signed up to be a house-sitter herself.
She said: “It is a great way to see the world as an active pet lover, and save on accommodation!”
For more information visit www.HouseSitMatch.com
Discount Coupon for 50% Off – 50PREMIUM
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44