OVER three tons of hash were seized and 16 people arrested in an Axarquia drug raid.
In the culmination of longstanding investigations ‘Gui’ and ‘Galium’ the Guardia Civil seized two separate drug cartels in Torrox and Rincon de la Victoria.
The first operation seized 40 bundles of hash, two 12m long powerful rib boats and three 4×4 vehicles and the second intercepted 76 drug bales weighing 2,350kg.
The now-disbanded gang was based in Ceuta and had set up a complex network across the Axarquia.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25