HOLLYWOOD favourite Audrey Hepburn’s son Sean is in trouble after throwing an ‘illegal’ wedding at the Alhambra Palace.
The son of the Breakfast at Tiffany’s star paid €3,500 to rent out the Palacio de Carlos V for a concert in August last year.
However he now finds himself in trouble after the Alhambra’s board accused him of using the Granada venue to hold a wedding ceremony – an event banned at the historic site.
A security report by Alhambra officials claims that Hepburn and his partner Karin Hofer conducted an ‘unexpected wedding ceremony’ in the middle of the concert.
The report added that the Lord Mayor of Granada, along with a Granada councillor, officiated the service.
However, the town hall has defended the pair, saying that the concert was held after an official ceremony elsewhere.
The town hall added that the mayor never officiated the marriage, despite the couple being dressed for a wedding, signing documents at the palace and being directed by the Lord Mayor throughout the day.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36