ANTI-CORRUPTION party Ciudadanos has helped to bring a new mayor to power in Benalmadena.
Costa del Sol Sí Puede (Podemos) and local political party Alternativa Por Benalmádena have also joined a four-party pact to put the PSOE’s Victor Navas in the hot seat.
It means the socialist has now become the new mayor of Benalmádena, ousting former PP party mayor Paloma García Gálvez.
On being voted as mayor, Navas promised to govern ‘with talk and consensus’.
It is the first time that the PSOE has been in charge of Benalmadena since Gálvez, who became mayoress in 2012 after a vote of censure.
- Spain’s wealthy class on the rise - 30 Jun, 2015 @ 08:45
- Nerja’s new mayor Rosa Arrabal names her government - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 18:00
- Spain the biggest exporter of wine in the world - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 09:00
- The nifty nispero - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 17:00
- Marbella hospital leads the way with water births - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 13:00
- Spain’s seven wonders of the dining world - 27 Jun, 2015 @ 12:00
- Left to take a selfie in the lift - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:37
- Wanda group eyes Madrid investment - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:30
- Spain set for soaring heatwave with Malaga seeing temperatures reach 36ºC - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 12:19
- Two Spaniards gored to death by bulls - 25 Jun, 2015 @ 17:55