THE Spanish female team have called for their coach Ignacio Quereda to be sacked.
The news comes after the side’s disappointing FIFA World Cup campaign in Canada, where they finished bottom of their group.
Despite taking Spain to their first ever tournament, his team took just one point from their three group matches after they lost to Costa Rica and Brazil.
Ranked 14th in the world, Spain’s dismal performance in Canada means they have missed out on qualification for the Rio 2016 Olympics.
Quereda has been in charge of the national side since 1988.
- Spain’s wealthy class on the rise - 30 Jun, 2015 @ 08:45
- Nerja’s new mayor Rosa Arrabal names her government - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 18:00
- Spain the biggest exporter of wine in the world - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 09:00
- The nifty nispero - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 17:00
- Marbella hospital leads the way with water births - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 13:00
- Spain’s seven wonders of the dining world - 27 Jun, 2015 @ 12:00
- Left to take a selfie in the lift - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:37
- Wanda group eyes Madrid investment - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:30
- Spain set for soaring heatwave with Malaga seeing temperatures reach 36ºC - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 12:19
- Two Spaniards gored to death by bulls - 25 Jun, 2015 @ 17:55