Torre del Mar
Torre del Mar

FAMILIES feared for their lives when a fire broke out in a seventh-floor apartment in Torre del Mar.

The blaze, caused by a candle left unattended on an apartment terrace, led to a mass-evacuation in the centre of town last week.

Firemen sped to the scene to find clouds of smoke filling the building and at least five dwellings were evacuated.

There were no fatalities and residents were able to return to their homes in safety once the emergency services’ work was done.