IT seems that Barcelona’s Ada Colau has another job to add to her to-do list as newly elected mayor – repairing the city’s broken lifts.
The mayor was trapped inside a lift in a city hall on Friday morning along with Podemos leader Pablo Iglesias and several other leftist party members.
Despite temperatures rising, Iglesias saw the funny side of the story and tweeted a selfie of him and the mayor from his mobile.
The selfie quickly spread on social media which lead to many Spaniards commenting on the good sense of humour that the politician showed.
Iglesias later sent out another tweet saying that the group had been rescued.
- Spain’s wealthy class on the rise - 30 Jun, 2015 @ 08:45
- Nerja’s new mayor Rosa Arrabal names her government - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 18:00
- Spain the biggest exporter of wine in the world - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 09:00
- The nifty nispero - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 17:00
- Marbella hospital leads the way with water births - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 13:00
- Spain’s seven wonders of the dining world - 27 Jun, 2015 @ 12:00
- Left to take a selfie in the lift - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:37
- Wanda group eyes Madrid investment - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:30
- Spain set for soaring heatwave with Malaga seeing temperatures reach 36ºC - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 12:19
- Two Spaniards gored to death by bulls - 25 Jun, 2015 @ 17:55