A PROMINENT Sevilla psychiatrist is under investigation for sexually abusing a string of patients.
Javier Criado, 65, has been accused by at least six women of continued sexual and psychological abuse.
They claim that the abuse was carried out over the course of about two decades, both in Criado’s office at his private clinic and in his home.
In their complaint presented to the Medical College, the women allege that Criado ‘abused his status as doctor [and] his superiority and authority’ and subjected victims to ‘indecent touching’, among other abuses.
The scandal is heightened by the fact that Criado is the senior brother of one of Sevilla’s most eminent religious brotherhoods, Passion.
Criado’s accusers have also sent a letter detailing the alleged abuse to the Archbishop of Sevilla.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00