Ingo Dewitz, 46, died after suffering two blows to the head and collapsing at Captain’s Bar, in La Cala de Mijas, shortly after midnight.
The two Brits are believed to have begun rowing with the victim after sitting down at an adjacent table, before one hit him twice in the head.
Witnesses claim they attempted to revive the victim, at first dragging him towards the door where he collapsed again, before sitting him down on a chair.
However, upon seeing his state they reportedly panicked and fled the scene in a vehicle with a British number plate.
Mijas expat Ross Moore, 30, was arrested the next morning, while a second Brit, who has not been named, was detained later that day.
Moore remains in Alhaurin prison, after a court appearance on Saturday, while the other man has been released on bail without his passport and must sign in at a court once a fortnight.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44