FAMOUS Andalucian singer Isabel Pantoja has been admitted to the Hospital Infanta Luisa in Sevilla.
The 59-year-old musician is currently serving a two-year prison sentence for money laundering.
She entered the hospital Tuesday night, just before she was due to re-enter prison on Wednesday following a six-day leave granted by a judge in Sevilla.
She reportedly is suffering from cholesterol and kidney issues from diabetes complications.
She remains in a hospital room watching by two security guards, and cannot receive visits from family or friends.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29