THE PSOE submitted a denuncia to the State Prosecutor’s Office against Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diaz for his covert meeting with disgraced ex-IMF chief Rodrigo Rato.
The denuncia accused Diaz of deceit, dereliction of prosecution duties, and disseminating of secret information in his meeting with Rato, who is currently under investigation by the Audiencia Nacional for major money laundering.
Diaz has announced that he will come forward on Friday to share what occurred during the meeting on July 29.
The minister claims that they spoke of personal matters and not of official business related to Rato’s case, while Rato holds that they spoke about his situation.
The PP, Diaz’s party, has responded that PSOE wants to ‘make a case where there is none’.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29