THE mother of the three-year-old boy who died after falling from his family’s flat in Coin yesterday has been detained by police.
The woman is reportedly considered a flight risk and was arrested following a denuncia filed by her parents, the child’s maternal grandparents.
The toddler died after falling nearly 10 meters into an interior patio at his family’s home in Coin around noon yesterday.
He died within minutes and his mother was arrested hours later.
She is scheduled to appear in court today (Thursday).
The Coin Town Hall suspended yesterday’s scheduled Feria activities in order to observe a day of mourning for the child.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00