SHE never wanted to live beyond the age of 75, and famously said ‘If I can’t wear tight jeans and high heels, I don’t want to be here’.
So although the Costa del Sol mourns one of its most loyal visitors this week, we can see the (albeit untimely) death of the 72-year-old national treasure in a bittersweet light.
We have all donned our rose-tinted spectacles here in Spain, in the UK and internationally and have glanced down memory lane at Saturday nights on the sofa watching Blind Date.
Cilla, rest in peace, and thank you for entertaining us in such style, with such charisma, for so many years.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25