THE Vuelta a Espana begins today in Puerto Banus on the Costa del Sol.
Top cyclists from around the world are gathered in Marbella to begin the 21 stage, 3,360 kilometre Grand Tour.
Favourites Chris Froome of Team Sky, Nairo Quintana and Alejandro Valverde of Movistar and Joaquim Rodriguez of Katusha gather at the starting line to begin the first 7.4km team time trial.
Experts believe that Stage 17, a flat time trial in Burgos, may be the determining point for a winner on September 9.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29