A HOTEL in the Serrania de Ronda has been named among Europe’s best hotels for foodies.
The mountains of the Grazalema natural park might seem an unlikely place to find world-class cuisine, but the charming hotel Molino del Santo at Benaojan has found itself on The Times’ list of Europe’s 20 best hotels for food lovers.
British expat owner Andy Chapell, from Guernsey, was ‘thrilled but not shocked at the news’.
“It is very exciting for us,” Chapell said. “I didn’t think too much of it when we got a request from The Times for photos, but I’m delighted to have been included.”
Molino del Santo has already won a host of awards including ‘the most romantic hotel in Spain’ and played host to a number of stars, such as Jamie Oliver and Cilla Black.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00