SPAIN topped the list of wine exporting nations with a record harvest last year.
According to the Spanish Wine Market Observatory (OEMV), Spanish vineyards produced over 52 million hectolitres (5.2 billion litres) of vino last year, up 53.7% from the year before.
Almost half of Spain’s exported wine was sold in bulk at the bargain price of €0.40 per litre.
Much of that wine went to France, where it was bottled and exported for a profit.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00