THE mayor of Malaga has been forced to defend the city’s feria after it drew comparisons with Mallorcan party-town Magaluf.
Mayor Francisco de la Torre insisted the city will not become a party destination after images of naked men and women waving their underwear emerged from the week-long festival.
While the mayor admitted the feria saw ‘more tourists than ever before’ he refused to entertain comparisons with Magaluf.
“Our feria is not like Magaluf in anyway,” he said. “The behaviour of Malaga’s citizens is exemplary, the feria is a week to let their hair down.
“Nothing to do with the feria compares to the Mallorcan party town in any shape or form.”
The mayor however did condemn those who stripped off and said the police have been informed to track down those who bared all.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36