A MARBELLA judge is set to rule one way or another in the missing Agnese Klavina case.
It is exactly one year to the day since the 30-year-old Latvian disappeared after a night out in Marbella. And with the courts reopening this month, a decision over the two Brits connected to her disappearance is expected in the next fortnight.
In July, numerous Spanish newspapers reported the investigation into Westly Capper, 37, and Craig Porter, 32, had been upped from illegal detention to unlawful killing.
However, last month, the pair’s lawyer told the Olive Press that all charges were to be dropped.
They are the only publicly known suspects and were under investigation after CCTV footage showed them leaving Aqua Mist nightclub, in Puerto Banus, with the Agnese on the night she disappeared, September 6, 2014.
Capper insisted he had dropped the Latvian home that night, while Porter claims he fell asleep in the car.
DNA samples were later taken from a boat belonging to Capper’s father John Capper after CCTV footage showed a ‘large bag’ allegedly being bundled on board it at Duquesa port in Manilva, a few days later.
It led to the Klavina family lawyer to state that Agnese is ‘dead and her body was dumped in the sea’.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36