A RECORD number of sporty Spaniards are thronging Sierra Nevada to enjoy its summer activities.
The Granada mountain range drew 4,436 budding sports stars to participate in competitions between June and September, a rise of 20% from last year.
Skiing, snowboarding and mountain biking are proving big hits with energetic visitors to the Andalucian resort.
María José Rienda, director general of Activities and Promotion of Sport, said: “The pairing of tourism and sport is generating maximum activity, business and hotel occupancy at the resort.”
Overall, more than 41,000 visitors have flocked to the resort this summer, a 13% rise.
The continued popularity of Sierra Nevada Bike Park and a new programme of outdoor activities, Sensations, have helped pull in the punters.
New competitions at Sierra Nevada this summer include Ultratrail Sierra Nevada, the Night Ride to Veleta MTB, the Edition of Roads and Stairs and the MTB Cup Bull Bikes.
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58