THE body of a missing American hiker has been found on the Camino de Santiago path.
Denise Pikka Thiem, 41, disappeared on Easter Sunday while walking the camino route.
Police arrested a 39-year-old man, Miguel Ángel M. B, in an Asturias village bar in connection with the death.
He confessed to the crime and led police to the body, which was covered with tree branches near his home, according to sources.
He was described by local resident as a loner would wear a balaclava around the village.
Ms Thiem had been inspired to walk the 500-mile path to Galicia after watching the Martin Sheen film, The Way.
The search for her remains stepped up after a personal intervention from US senator John McCain to Mariano Rajoy.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00