AMY Fitzpatrick and four other missing Mijas residents have been honoured in a ceremony at the Parque de los Sentidos (Park of Senses).
Five trees have been planted, each with a plaque describing one of the missing five and the date they disappeared.
An emotional ceremony took place last week to unveil the plaques, which was attended by Amy’s mum and stepdad, Audrey and Dave Mahon.
British actor John Martin Leach is also one of the five, after he disappeared from his house in La Cala in August 2012, aged 65.
While Amy has not been seen since January 1 2008 when she was 15 years old and disappeared from Riviera del Sol, near Calahonda.
However, Audrey Mahon has vowed to reignite search efforts for her daughter who disappeared almost eight years ago.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44