WHO knew that dropping a few kilos and ditching the beard could make a Prince Charming out of grizzly King Felipe VI?
Clearly weight-conscious Queen Letizia does. The monarch’s pencil-slim ex-journalist wife champions the Dr. Perricone diet (Gwyneth Paltrow is also a fan), living on a three-egg breakfast, grilled fish and steamed broccoli.
Lately, however, Spaniards have been marvelling at the transformation in her now pin-up hubby, with phrases such as ‘Europe’s sexiest king’ being bandied around on Twitter since he shaved off his greying beard.
El Pais claims the 47-year-old father-of-two has limited his eating, regularly missing lunch or having a light snack to avoid the afternoon ‘carb crash’.
Although less of a foodie than his father, Juan Carlos, King Felipe’s favourite dishes are Iberian ham, seafood, fish – specifically sole – as well as burgers and steak.
He also enjoys more ‘exotic’ dishes, such as couscous, and is a regular client of David Munoz’s trendy Madrid restaurant DiverXO.
The real secret is that he drinks sensibly – although admitting a good vintage or a gin and tonic can help him relax.
The 6 foot 5 inch monarch hits his Zarzuela gym for half an hour a day, and also plays padel.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25