JEREMY Corbyn’s dizzying ascent to the Labour premiership is another boon for Europe’s left.
After the rise of Syriza in Greece and Podemos in Spain, Britain’s bedraggled left finally has a rallying figure it hopes can reverse its fortunes.
The Spanish Republic has long been a totemic cause for the left, and Corbyn’s support for the heroic International Brigades is indicative of his strong personal attachment to Spain.
With his ‘No Pasaran’ spirit and no-nonsense campaigning approach, Corbyn’s election just injected a jolt of adrenalin into the battered rump of British paternalistic socialism.
For the country that abolished slavery, introduced free healthcare and a welfare state, this could put Britain back among the world’s most caring, modern-thinking nations.
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58