DONATIONS to a Cilla’s charity fund for children have poured in after family slammed a ‘disgraceful’ fundraising effort from the public.
A JustGiving page for a Liverpool children’s hospital set up after Cilla died in her Estepona villa last month raised just €155 while the Great Ormond Street totted up €6175.
Her sons had helped launch the site for Alder Hey Children’s Hospital and her close friend Sam Leach was disappointed at the lack of public engagement.
“This is disgraceful and we should be ashamed of that figure,” he said.
“Cilla was a massive fan of the hospitals and loved helping sick children” Leach continued.
“We must do more.”
So the public did more.
Just days later a JustGiving page for both charities is looking much healthier at an impressive €7,044 and climbing.
To donate, visit https://www.justgiving.com/teams/Inmemoryofcillablack
The Olive Press spoke to numerous local residents who expressed their sympathies after Black passed away in her Costa del Sol villa.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25