GIBRALTAR’S car park problems may have been solved with the addition of 350 free parking spaces to MidTown Car Park.
The government has announced that a further 350 spaces – bringing the total to 700 – will be available by the end of this month.
The MidTown Car Park will also provide secure overnight accommodation for taxis, as well as a new coach park.
Parking will be free of charge while construction at MidTown continues. However, when fully opened, only holders of the new Gibraltar electronic ID card will be able to park for free.
Chief Minister Fabian Picardo said: “This Government has recognised and listened to the public’s concerns about the serious car parking problem in Gibraltar that has affected the daily lives of many people.
“These 700 new spaces at the MidTown Car Park should help to solve the problem of parking in the town area for good and is part of a well-thought out plan to really make our City Centre the best it can be.
“Instead of a small car park half full of abandoned vehicles we now have the fantastic Commonwealth Park and double the number of parking spaces in a secure, covered facility.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44