THE restaurant scene in the Axarquia has been flipped on its head with the opening of a new restaurant in Colmenar set up by creative chef Paco Fernandez.
He aims to bring ‘creative cuisine’ to an area best known for its leg of goat and stews.
New restaurant El Olivo is a modern take on Mediterranean food and has already pioneered creative combinations such as pasta with pear.
It is already proving a hit with the locals and has regularly been packed since opening two months ago.
Calle Ñoras, 27
Tel: 642 50 60 86
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25