TERRACOTTA tiles, whitewashed walls and breathtaking mountain views; imagine your perfect Spanish idyll, and you’re probably thinking about Jimena de la Frontera.
Nestled about 20 miles inland from Sotogrande, the town is bordered by two rivers and the amazing Los Alcornocales Natural Park.
The area’s outstanding natural beauty, location and excellent transport connections has made it popular with expats working in Gibraltar as Karen Banham, managing director of Andalucia Country Houses, knows only too well.
“In the last 12 months the real estate market has really picked up,” she said.
“Our portfolio here has expanded from four to 150 in the Jimena area in the last two years.
“This is an area that has wonderful natural beauty and is close to all the main cities.”
The lure of the Spanish countryside has made Jimena popular with artists and those looking to experience a real taste of Andalucian village life.
And the hillside town’s train station means Ronda or Antequera are just a short journey away.
But then again, who would want to venture too far from a place like Jimena de la Frontera?
Come and find out yourself and give give Karen a call on 00 34 956 648 016.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16