IT used to be the world’s best restaurant, but now Noma in Denmark is upping sticks in an attempt to knock Spain’s top restaurant of its lofty perch.
El Cellar de Can Roca claimed the top gong at the World’s 50 Best Restaurant Awards for the second time in three years, while Noma came in third – its lowest ranking for seven years.
And in an attempt to return to the glory days – when it was named the world’s best restaurant three years in a row – Noma’s chef Rene Redzepi is moving on.
Closing on New Year’s Eve in 2016, Noma will reopen in 2017 as the centerpiece of an entire urban farm in Copenhagen.
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00