A SKINT student bought a Spanish caravan and drove it to his British university to live in.
Lucas de haro Pishoudt, 21, couldn’t afford his Kingston University halls of residence rent so headed to Spain and wheeled his new home back.
The €3,000 caravan has reduced his living costs from €815 to €136 a month.
Lucas said: “When I finished last year I could not afford to pay my final bills.
“I got into a lot of debt and I was still paying even though I had gone home for the summer.
“The caravan just seemed like the best option.
“My friends thought it was a crazy idea at first, but I have solar panels that give me electricity, a shower and water.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00