“THE old band’s back together,” explains HiFX Spain’s new Country Manager Tanya Edwards as she settles into life in Marbella.
The money transfer company has been experiencing a period of intense growth and having just moved to the Golden Mile, Edwards is confident that this will continue.
Having originally worked in HiFX head office in Windsor from 2005, she is delighted about being reunited with former colleague, Operations Manager Amanda Best.
They are fronting up the Spanish operation from Centro Plaza, in Nueva Andalucia, Marbella, having worked together for years.
Located behind Yanx restaurant, with breathtaking views towards the mountains overlooking Marbella, the team of five want to get across to clients how happy they are to deal with them personally and not to feel rushed.
“I want people to feel comfortable enough to drop in, have a cup of coffee and find out what their options are,” Edwards explains.
“There are no obligations when you come in. We are a friendly bunch and are always here to help and guide you through any money transfer requirement, whether you are buying or selling property, or have regular payments to make.”
Having transferred over £100 billion, HiFX is one of the largest international money transfer specialists in Europe, offering highly competitive, bank-beating exchange rates to both individuals and businesses. With three offices in Spain, HiFX cover the whole of the Iberian Peninsular including the Balearic and Canary Islands.
Now part of Euronet Worldwide, a global electronic and transaction processing solutions company, HiFX offers a personal service with each dealer serving fewer clients than a bank, giving them more time to find the best rates on offer.
And it is an exciting time for the team and – most importantly the people they work with – as the property market takes off.
“Seeing the market come back round again really excites me,” Edwards explains. “But what excites me even more is seeing the estate agents and the other businesses we work with prosper”.
“The crisis was a tough time for everyone, it was heart breaking to see businesses and individuals suffer.”
Spain is certainly once again a firm favourite for those looking to buy abroad, according to the company’s latest Property Hotspots Report.
The bi-annual report, which analyses nine years worth of HiFX data, reveals that while France and Spain shared the top spot in March, Spain is now steaming ahead and attracting more buyers.
Meanwhile across the pond, the USA continues to be a popular choice for British house-hunters exploring the global property market, as 8% of those searching abroad head there.
“Looking at the global property market broadly, the last six months have been very interesting,” explains UK-based director Mark Bodega.
“While demand for international property remains well below pre-financial crisis highs, we’re beginning to see pockets of demand off the back of strong price performances in a number of key countries.
“In Europe, the story in property reflects the wider economic picture and a two speed Europe is becoming increasingly evident with some countries (Spain, Portugal and Ireland) on the up with prices rising and demand coming back, while others (France, Cyprus, Greece and Italy) are showing none or negative growth.”
But it is not all work and no play at HiFX. As Edwards explains, the new ethos at HiFX is to give back to its affiliates.
As well as lining up a quiz night in October, (expect your invites soon) and gearing up for Estepona’s overs 50’s show, the HiFX team are getting sporty.
“We have got massively into our sports this year,” says Edwards.
“We have a VIP box at Malaga’s football stadium and we are in the early stages of planning golfing events for 2016.”
“It is good to show our faces, and look after the businesses we work with.”
For more information on HiFX call 951 203 986 or visit www.hifx.co.uk/marbella
Meet the team:
Based in Windsor
• Jose Ivars-Lopez – Head of Banking Partnerships – Based at HiFX Windsor and heads up not only Spain, but the banking affiliations in the UK and Spain.
Based in Marbella
• Tanya Edwards – Country Manager – Having originally started with the company in 2005, Tanya headed up the Costa Blanca operations in the boom years, has worked in Windsor and is now in Marbella
• Amanda Best – Operations Manager – Half Spanish, half English, she has a long history with HiFX over nine years and now helps to head up operations in Spain
• Paul Radford – Business Development Manager – Having worked in the UK in the affiliate department for many years, Paul is our resident celebrity. You’ll catch him on the radio Mondays and Fridays with his market updates
• Edward Chapman – Business Development Manager – Ed has relocated to Spain after working in the Corporate department, in UK. Now in charge of sporting sponsorships, he is a keen golfer and is in charge of the corporate box at Malaga FC
• Carlie Reid – Client Account Manager – Recently back after maternity leave, Carlie has been helping clients in Spain for nearly 10 years and previously worked in the UK head office
Based in Costa Blanca South office or Costa Blanca North office
• Julia Rose – Area Manager Costa Blanca
• Janine Mort – Business Development Manager
• Bradley Smith – Client Account Manager
• Tania Blanco – Business Development Manager
• Sebastiaan Schuum – Business Development Manager
• Hernan Cortes – Corporate Business Development Manager
Want to join the team?
HiFX are currently looking to employ further Business Development members for the ever growing teams in both Costa Del Sol and Costa Blanca