A POWER cut that struck Gibraltar on Wednesday morning has been slammed by Rock residents.
The Gibraltar Electricity Authority blamed the cut on damaged switch gear at Montague substation.
Irate residents took to the company’s Facebook page to voice their anger.
“What a joke? Ive had to give my 6 months old baby a yogurt as i cant even make him a damn bottle!! And my toddler is missing nursery too,” wrote Natalie Donaldson.
Leader of the Opposition Daniel Feetham called the power cuts were “absolutely scandalous and still an issue a week before Chief Minister Fabien Picardo calls a general election.
A GSD statement said: “It’s a shocking indictment of the GSLP/Liberals energy policy that after four years in office our community is still regularly experiencing lengthy and costly power failures.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00