MAYBE they’re intrepid or maybe it’s the weather, but Brits are the biggest travellers in Europe, a recent survey has revealed.
UK residents visit an average of nine countries and fly 16 times over the course of their lives, while the average Spaniard visits six countries and boards a plane 13 times.
Unsurprisingly, less than one in 10 Spaniards travel ‘to escape bad weather’, while a similarly low 12% of Brits prioritised good weather in their holiday plans.
The main travel motive for the British is to enjoy time with family (38%), while Spaniards get away to relieve stress (48%) – not such a priority for the French (19%).
The Last Minute.com study on 6,000 itchy-footed Europeans across the UK, France, Italy, Germany and Spain was in honour of World Tourism Day on September 27.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36