EXPAT singing sensation Elisha Lang has not made it to the final of TV talent show La Voz Kids.
Elisha, 12, sang the Power of love in last night’s semifinal, with a tearful mum and dad watching in the audience.
However, her powerful performance – which was celebrated on social media in Gibraltar and Spain – was not enough to earn her a place in the final.
Her father Scott posted a heartfelt message on Instagram in which he said he is the proudest father in the entire world.
“The whole world loves you and your voice and this is only the start,” he said.
“Tomorrow is a new day and the start of your musical career.”
Father and daughter are currently working on a promotional album at a recording studio in Tarifa, including some of the songs he performed so well on the show.
In an interview with the Olive Press, Elisha explained how she was determined to make it as a singer, regardless of the La Voz Kids outcome.
“I love singing and I’ve been doing it since I was a kid, I definitely want to be a professional singer when I’m older,” said Elisha, who was born in England but moved to Spain just weeks later and has been schooled in Gibraltar.
The Westside pupil, whose family also has a home in Los Barrios, fought off an incredible 20,000 applicants to make the last 15 contestants in the show.
She caused a stir when she told judges she ‘came from Cadiz’ on the first show, following concerns that her Gibraltar link could have affect her chances.
But as her father Scott told the Olive Press: “It should be about her voice, not where she is from.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44