AN illegal brothel has been broken up in Marbella.
Nine prostitutes kept in squalid conditions have been freed in a police raid.
Three Portuguese pimps have also been arrested after keeping the women hostage against their will.
The women – from North Africa and Eastern Europe – were forced into prostitution after coming into contact with the gang via social media.
The victims, who lived crammed into the basement of a log cabin, were lured to the Costa del Sol on the promise of a well-paid job.
Once in Spain, they underwent a selection process which involved the gang’s leader sexually assaulting them.
The investigations began in June 2014 when two women reported their entrapment to a client.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36