A NEW gym cafe is helping San Pedro body buffs fuel their addiction.
The Gym Junkie Cafe, Spain’s first protein eaterie, serves up vitamin-stacked meals – ideal before or after a workout.
The cafe’s mouthwatering menu includes grass-fed beef, protein pancakes and an omelette bar – complete with seaweed, broccoli and tuna omelettes – that is keeping San Pedro’s gym-goers trim.
Owners Jamie and his girlfriend Deborah know what food works best.
Jamie, originally from London, said: “We are gym junkies, but we noticed there was nowhere around to get food like this.”
Jamie and Deborah designed the menu with restaurant manager Ben Hayes, with their kitchen crew, led by head chef Caffian Baldwin, using fresh local produce to make their sauces.
The cafe, located on Avenida Mediterraneo is open Monday to Friday from nine am and will throw open its doors in the evening for the first time during the feria.
And with the Gym Junkie Cafe planning a link up with local gym CrossFit Marbella, the future has a healthy glow.
Tel: 627 17 95 61
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00