GIBRALTAR’S libraries have joined ranks to work toward common development goals.
The Gibraltar Libraries Forum, part of the new university, aims to improve access to collections as well as create a unique, combined collection specific to Gibraltar.
The Botanical Gardens, Garrison Library, Health Authority Medical Library, Heritage Trust and John Mackintosh Hall make up the group, along with the Gibraltar Museum, National Archives, Ornithological and Natural History Society and,finally, the University Library.
The university’s vice-chancellor, Professor Daniella Tilbury said: “Partnerships lie at the heart of the university’s mission. I am delighted with this collaborative initiative, which draws on the existing wealth of information, increases access to those researching Gibraltar’s rich heritage as well as extends our knowledge base.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44