IF you asked most people what a heavy metal rocker’s favourite food is, they’d probably take a stab at a rare steak, or even a raw one.
So imagine the surprise when Juanma Madrid opened Afrika Vegan Rock Bar in Almunecar.
Yes. Vegan and Rock.
Serving up homemade hummus, ‘eggless’ Spanish omelettes and pickled aubergines, Juanma hopes the bar will become a hit with the rock community.
“I wanted to create an alternative space,” said Juanma. “A place for music fans to enjoy their favourite music, meet like-minded people and just feel like at home.
“People do not see hard rock and veganism going together, but it is not true. Both are elements of unconventional life style.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36