THE dream of quitting the day job and sailing off into the sunset has come true for an intrepid American.
Boston man Leo Goodrich has left a 20-year career in real estate and public affairs to jet half way across the world and bag a Yachtmaster qualification in Gibraltar.
The 45-year-old arrives next week to embark on a 15-week sailing course with an endgame not of sailing the seven seas but teaching others to sail back in the USA and ‘give something back’.
He extensively researched the best place to achieve the gruelling qualification which includes 2,500 miles at sea and chose Allabroad Sailing Academy in Gibraltar.
“Everyone in the know told me it’s one of the best places to do this qualification,” Goodrich told the Olive Press.
Follow his journey on www.windandwords.org!
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58