KEEP an eye on your cheese and wine this weekend. Celebrity chef Anthony Worrall Thompson is coming to Gibraltar.
The Rock’s foodies are getting ready, steady for the arrival of the TV chef, who was famously caught pilfering from a Tesco store in Henley three years ago.
Worrall Thompson, who appeared in ‘I’m a celebrity… get me out of here!’ in 2003, is set to prepare a festival lunch on November 14 at the O’Callaghan Eliott Hotel.
Later that day, at 5pm, he will be interviewed at the hotel by food writer Donald Sloan.
Having found fame on shows such as ‘Ready, Steady, Cook’ and ‘Saturday Kitchen’, Worrall Thompson now spends much of his time at his villa down the coast in Mijas.
Meanwhile, the ‘Medicinal Chef’, a.k.a. Dale Pinnock, was also due to be appearing at the festival in an interview with Sloan, as well as preparing the menu for the closing dinner on Sunday November 15.
However, the expert nutritionist cancelled his appearance, citing an ‘inability to travel to Gibraltar due to unforeseen circumstances’.
For more information on the festival, visit www.gibraltarliteraryfestival.com
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44