A MOROCCAN man who roped £500,000 of drugs to a jet-ski before riding to Gibraltar has been sent to prison.
Najib Ghezeil, 26, received three years and four months in prison after pleading guilty to multiple charges, including importing 100kg of cannabis resin.
Police gave chase after he was spotted off the east coast of the rock.
Ghezeil cut the ropes off two bales and sped off but crashed into a police boat off Europa Point.
He was arrested and taken to hospital for his injuries.
Ghezeil’s lawyer said he acted ‘out of financial need’ as he was from a poor family and had shown remorse for his actions, learning Spanish and English in prison.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00