A PRANKSTER with poor taste has been arrested for a false terrorist alert in Malaga.
The young man, 18, altered a snapshot of El Pais online to spread the ‘news’ of a jihad terrorist, replacing the location with Vialia, Malaga.
The report implied there was a jihadi terrorist in the popular Vialia shopping centre and was shared widely on social networks.
Police investigators tracked the prankster back to his laptop and have now arrested him, while urging readers to only trust information from official sources.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25