FOOTBALL has been uniting people across the globe from the days when a pig’s bladder was first kicked across a field in Scotland.
Almost 500 years later and Malaga football club is joining forces with the British Chamber of Commerce in Spain (BCCS) to attract the Andalucian expat community to the turnstiles.
A large contingent of British fans – known as the Guiri Army – already attend La Rosaleda stadium on a regular basis but this new collaboration aims to improve foreign investment in the club.
As the only independent Hispano-British business organisation, the BCCS can offer Malaga C.F exclusive networking and business development opportunities at over 50 events held across Madrid, Barcelona and Andalucia.
Vicente Casado, Director General at Malaga C.F. said: “Here, we care about being part of the international community and understand it is important to the game that we love.”
Regional Vice President of BCCS in Andalucia, Derek A. Langley, added: “I am confident that the collaboration will embrace the many British and foreign supporters who have taken the club to their hearts”.
To celebrate, an inaugural Christmas event will be held at La Rosaleda Stadium on December 16, with a variety of businesses represented.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16