THE English boyfriend of missing mother Lisa Brown was jailed last year over a nightclub fight in Gibraltar, it has emerged.
Simon Corner, 33, from Liverpool, has been hunted by police for the last two weeks in connection to the disappearance of Brown, from Scotland, almost a month ago.
He had been staying on a yacht, named Rosa of London, in La Linea’s Alcaidesa Port which was being repaired in Sotogrande when he vanished two weeks ago.
Brown was a regular visitor to Corner’s yacht in La Linea, often coming to sunbathe after work in Gibraltar.
It has now emerged that Corner has a violent history, having spent three months behind bars for possession of a knife in Gibraltar’s Dusk nightclub in 2014.
He was also convicted of common assault, death threats and disorderly conduct in a police station but was not sentenced for those offences.
Corner is believed to have left Spain, with Portugal, Ibiza and even Thailand among the possibilities being explored.
The disappearance of Brown, who has an 8-year-old son, is still being treated as a missing persons’ inquiry.
She was last seen at her home in Guadiaro on November 6 and was reported missing three days later when she failed to pick up son Marco from school.
A search of the surrounding area, including helicopters, sniffer dogs and a diver operation in nearby Rio Guadiaro, has so far found nothing.
The Royal Gibraltar Police have been working with the Guardia Civil in the search and confirmed they are looking for her boyfriend, a ‘British man who had been docked at Alcaidesa marina and working in Gibraltar’.
A source at the marina office described Corner as a ‘wheeler dealer’, who had docked a number of different boats there over the last year.
Last seen in July, Corner, who looked ‘older than his age’, made his money buying and selling boats and had previously had a Spanish girlfriend from La Linea.
“He was often in and out of the port and you have to be suspicious about exactly what he was up to,” he added. He refused to deny that he had left without paying his bills.
A retired Briton meanwhile, who has a boat in the marina, told the Olive Press he often saw girlfriend Brown visiting.
“She would sunbathe on his boat. She had a lovely, soft, Scottish accent and was an affable girl,” he said.
“I stopped seeing her after he disappeared in the middle of the night without paying his berth fees and some of his workers.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44