HUNDREDS of budding Mo Farahs and Paula Radcliffes took to the streets of Algeciras for the town’s third half marathon.
The sun was shining as the runners began the grueling 21km run in the town centre, heading alongside the port before venturing out into the countryside.
The winner Mustapha Sabili crossed the line to raucous cheers at an impressive 1 hour 11 minutes.
Even the Olive Press’ own Chief Reporter Tom Powell managed to drag himself over the line, in his ‘triumphant comeback’ from surgery before the summer.
“I wasn’t pleased with my time, or my fitness level, but I can’t complain considering I couldn’t even walk a few months ago,” he said.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16