WORLD title contender Billy Joe Saunders has teamed up with MGM Marbella ahead of the biggest fight of his life.
The current European, British and Commonwealth middleweight boxing champion has signed a three year management contract with the Marbella gym.
Former Olympian Saunders faces Irishman Andy Lee in Manchester on December 19 for the WBO world middleweight title.
The undefeated 26-year-old (22-0) comes into the world title fight a year after beating highly-rated Chris Eubank Jnr.
Currently training in Marbella, Saunders described MGM as his ‘home of boxing’.
“They can’t do not enough for you and it’s the same for everyone, I was really impressed with everything they have done,” Saunders said.
“I first came across MGM when I was training for the Eubank fight, it really caught my eye, not only do they have the best facilities and training programme but great people too.”
He added: “Boxing is a lone sport, you need to surround yourself with good people. MGM is my home of boxing, it’s the best place to isolate myself and get on with the job.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36