FOOTBALL fans and women in Spain are in shock over controversial claims that Cristiano Ronaldo is in a gay relationship.
Expected to be denied, the shocking allegations suggest that Real Madrid’s record ever goal scorer is dating a Moroccan kickboxer.
Initial articles that have now been removed allege that the ex-Manchester United star, 30, made regular visits to Morocco for ‘cuddles’ with his friend Badr Hari.
The Portuguese winger’s reputation was put on the line by French TV star Daniel Riolo who inferred strongly that Ronaldo and Hari were more than friends.
“Ronaldo takes three or four jets a week to see a friend in Morocco to cuddle,” Riolo told the 400,000-strong audience of French show ‘Touche pas a mon sport’.
The unfounded claims have spread like wildfire across many news networks, but the majority have now been removed.
Ronaldo had a well-mediatised relationship with Russian model Irina Shayk which ended at Christmas 2014 due to his admission that he was messaging other women.
The footballer proclaimed himself pro-gay marriage in 2010 when Portugal passed the gay marriage law, saying ‘we must respect the choices of each other.’
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25