A SPANISH singer is set to offload two Andy Warhol paintings given to him as a birthday present by the American artist.
Miguel Bose could cash in to the tune of half-a-million euros when the Warhols go under the hammer at Christie’s auction house in Paris in December.
The paintings, Dollar Sign (worth €70,000 – €100,000) and Oxidation Painting (worth up to €400,000) were given to Bose in the early 1980s after he struck up a close friendship with Warhol.
Known as ‘piss paintings’, the works were created with the urine of Warhol’s students.
“I’ve always been a big fan of Andy Warhol, not only as an artist but also as a person,” Bose said. “I have enjoyed these paintings for 30 years and now it is time for someone else to enjoy them.”
The pair met when Warhol designed an album cover for Bose’s album Made in Spain.
Bose, the son of Italian actress Lucia Bose and bullfighter Luis Miguel Dominguin, always had a fascination with the arts; befriending both Pablo Picasso and Ernest Hemingway.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36