A MAN who crammed himself into a space police describe as ‘one of the smallest spaces they had ever seen’ for a stowaway has failed to smuggle his way into Spain.
The Moroccan squeezed into a hidden compartment between the back seats of a car and the boot, and was nearly poisoned after inhaling exhaust fumes.
But Algeciras border police foiled his attempt to enter the country from Tangier, telling the media the car had been ‘extensively modified’, and that the man was lucky to escape with his life.
The car was driven by a Spaniard who has been arrested.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25