PODEMOS has vowed to improve relations with Gibraltar.
The anti-corruption party’s number two in Cadiz, Juan Antonio Delgado, visited the La Linea branch to discuss solving the ‘isolation’ of the Campo de Gibraltar.
He told supporters a relationship with Gibraltar is crucial to the area’s economic and social prosperity.
“There are so many more things which unite us than separate us. We must embrace Gibraltar as our neighbour,” he said.
Delgado, who joined the Podemos ranks last November following two decades in the Guardia Civil, also slammed the lack of transport connections between the Campo de Gibraltar and the rest of Spain.
“It is unacceptable that a port as important as Algeciras’s has a rail link from the 19th century,” he said.
“It’s the same with the coastal motorway, which began a few years ago in Cadiz but does not yet reach the Campo de Gibraltar.
“These works are also vital for promoting tourism on the coast.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36