IT looks like something from a James Bond movie and the giant fan in Karen and Sean Baker’s pool cost an arm and a leg to boot.Click to download our FREE guide to the Axarquia
Installed as a tool to improve swimming speed, it is most famously used by the Brownlee brothers, who secured triathlon gold and bronze at the Olympics in 2012.
Known as an ‘Endless Pool’, this high-tech bit of kit – a swimming treadmill – is just one of many health and fitness features, that make Chili B&B in Competa not just unique for the Axarquia, but for the whole of Andalucia.
“We can offer swim stroke video analysis and advise swimmers on how to improve their swimming technique and swim more efficiently,” explains Karen, a qualified triathlon coach.
On top of this, guests at their stunning B&B high above Competa, can check out their ‘gait analysis’ on the world’s first Running Power Meter, use numerous sporting gizmos to improve performance, not to mention borrow one of the couple’s many bikes.
And after a hard day’s exercise, you can come home to a range of different massages in the specially set up massage room. They also offer Kinesiology taping, which aids blood flow and healing.
Setting up their business earlier this year, the pair, who are both engineers by training, take all types of sport incredibly seriously.
“Runners are always seeking to run faster for longer and we offer full video gait analysis and corrective program of drills, techniques and advice on how to improve your running style,” continues Karen.
“We also offer a first for Spain the Stryd running power meter, in which we can measure your running power, cadence and heart rate.
“We capture this data and video your running technique and then write a bespoke program to enable you to run more comfortably and efficiently and ultimately faster and further without using extra energy!”
All that said, the charming B&B is not just about sport. The bedrooms are comfortable, have great facilities and excellent wifi.
The spot has amazing views of the Axarquia mountains and for those not bothered about sport, you can just relax on their roof terrace with a beer or a glass of wine.
Breakfast is served in your room, or on the terrace and the couple have a good knowledge of the town and its surrounding region.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00